Phone: (919) 784-0010
Our landlord and tenant practice focuses on representing landlords, property managers and select tenants in residential and commercial leasing matters. We regularly assists clients with drafting and reviewing leases, resolving landlord and tenant disputes, and initiating and defending eviction and collections actions. As property managers ourselves, we are able to quickly identify both the stated and unstated issues surrounding the dispute, and can frequently resolve most issues without the need for litigation. When these efforts fail, we quickly pursue the appropriate legal remedies to fully resolve the dispute while minimizing the personal and/or business disruption to our client. Our core services include:
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of residential and commercial leases
- Modification, assignment, subleasing or termination of existing leases
- Counselling clients on their rights and duties under a lease, even when no written agreement exists
- Eviction and collection of unpaid rent
- Judgment enforcement and landlord’s liens
- Counselling clients on compliance with the rules and regulations applicable to real property leasing.